Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Keeping up with scholarship - Tabbloid

I decided my method of reading journals in the field needs updating. It's a pain to keep checking to see what's coming out, and the result is that I feel as though I have fallen behind a little bit in the field. The good news is that quite a few journals have RSS feeds, which makes it easy to subscribe. The bad news is that I'm starting to get too many RSS feeds in my mailbox. I remembered a NYTimes article on this, though, and through it discovered Tabbloid, an RSS aggregator that basically takes a bunch of RSS feeds, turns them into a PDF Newsletter, and emails it out as frequently as you like. The results look something like this (a selection of Renaissance studies feeds here). I think it's a great solution for journals, especially for someone who doesn't want to mess around with RSS readers, etc. Obviously for breaking news I'll still have to use RSS directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment